Hello! This is Wonderful Korea 🙂
Few days ago, I found out that ‘Kim Gwangseok-gil street and Bangcheon Market’ ranked on 2017 Top 100 Must-Go Destinations in Korea again, which was selected by Korea Tourism Organization.
Although it’s been a long time since I visited there with my aunt in September 2015, I’d like to introduce it 🙂 Before starting to introduce, I’ll introduce where Daegu is and who Kim Gwangseok is.
- Daegu Metropolitan City is in Yeongnam region, southeastern part of Korean Peninsula. It has population of about 2,500,000 and is the fourth biggest city in South Korea.
- Recently, quite many foreign tourists are visiting Daegu, so I’d like to introduce famous tourist attractions in Daegu to people all over the world. (Source: WikiPedia)
Who’s Kim Gwangseok?
- Kim Gwangseok is Korean singer born in 1964 in Daegu, who had released a lot of hit song (,, , <I’ll become dust (먼지가 되어)>, , , etc.) and gained popularity from many people, but killed himself in 1996.
- Although he already departed his life, his music is still widely being loved by many people.
- Few years ago, Kim Gwangseok-gil street was built near his birthplace (Jung-gu, Daegu) and lots of people have been visiting there.
Let’s listen to his musics!
- Although I loved you (사랑했지만): https://youtu.be/LS9xf84pZ-Q
- Covered version of the song by a busker (@Hongdae Street): https://youtu.be/2sENGkTVbHY
- I’ll become dust (먼지가 되어) with Eng sub: https://youtu.be/5WQefGbK9Gw
Kim Gwangseok-gil Street
- Source of the map: Google Map
Next to the bronze statue of Kim Gwangseok (@Entrance of the street)
- @Radio Studio
- @Mural Paintings
I wrote a letter to myself and put it into the slow postbox, which means the letter put into there will be delivered a year later. It arrived at my home last September.
- Banner to conglatulate on registration to 100 Must-go places in Korea.
- There were numerous restaurants serving Grilled Beef Entrails to diners.
- I actually anticipated to visit there, but it was smaller than I thought, so it was a bit disappointing.
But it was great time to get to know more about Kim Gwangseok.
- How about listening to his musics today?