Hello! This is Wonderful Korea 🙂
On this Sunday (February 26), I’m going to serve as a docent for East Sea Exhibition held at National Museum of Korea from February 21 to 26 and hosted by VANK and Yonhap News Agency!
I guess lots of people wouldn’t know much about East Sea, VANK, Yonhap News Agency and the ‘Exhibition to Upgrade National Brand of Korea’, so let me introduce them!
East Sea (동해)
- Video about East Sea (Prod by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Korea): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmF2o3NEUd4
VANK (반크, Cyber Diplomatic Organization)
- VANK (Voluntary Agency Network of Korea) is Cyber Diplomatic Organization that is trying to introduce Korea to foreigners and solve history issues and global issues.
- Currently, not only VANK does try to correct wrong information and distortion about Korea on foreign books and medias but also give out maps that East Sea and Dokdo was correctly written.
- Besides, they give about postcards with pictures of things like tourist attractions of Korea and steadily upload videos that aims at promoting Korea on Youtube.
- They select, educate and appoint Diplomacy Ambassador on various fields such as history issues, global issues, Korean culture, tourism and history.
- Website of VANK: http://www.prkorea.com
- Source of image: Twitter of VANK
Yonhap News Agency (연합뉴스)
- To get to know about Yonhap News Agency, please visit this page : http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/about/3101000000.html
Exhibition to Upgrade National Brand (국가브랜드 UP 전시회)
- VANK and Yonhap News Agency have been hosting ‘Exhibition to Upgrade Nation Brand of Korea’ every year for recent several years.
- Goal of the exhibition is to introduce how VANK has been working on promoting national brand of Korea and Yonhap News Agency to lots of people. It also make people have interested in public diplomacy.
Topic of Exhibition in This Year
- This year, they are hosting the exhibition focused on East Sea, the name of sea between Korea and Japan.
- It is being held at ‘Nadeulgil to Museum’, Under Passageway between Ichon Stn (Line 4, Seoul Metro) and National Museum of Korea, from February 21 to 26.
- If you are going to visit Seoul, South Korea or currently staying in Seoul, I hope you visit there and view the exhibition!
Thank you 😀